Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More Christmas Craft Ideas

Yesterday was activity day again (for the group of 8-11 year old girls that come over).  I decided to help them make a present for their mom or teacher.  I used this idea that I found on sisters stuff and the instructions are at Kerry's Paper Crafting.  The 4x6" acrylic frames were 1$ at Wal-Mart.  The girls chose their own scrapbook paper from my stash and made their own tags and then we wrapped them so that they could keep their gift a secret. 

I also read them the story The Christmas Miracle of Johnathon Toomey which is one of my favorite children's books.  It is about a mean man that a widow and her son befriend - a very tender book with a sweet message of being kind- even when others are not... something I could remember at this busy time of the year.

One of my new favorite ornaments are these little wooden reindeer with a scrolled center.  They look a bit Scandinavian to me- but they would also look good on a country or glamorous tree (with gold ribbons all around).  They are at Target in the gift wrap section and are sold for 1$ as a gift topper.

How are your decorations coming along?
signature

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...