Thursday, March 26, 2009

Shelf Makeover


A while back I found these two dirty white shelves at a yard sale for $2 each. I brought them home and spray painted them with Rust-oleum Espresso paint (love the color, paint is a little runny).


I am experimenting with what will go on them- I don't like the bird in here. The shelves needed a little green or a plant. So, I glued moss on a styrofoam ball and put it in this old "pot" and then it didn't fit on the narrow shelf... I'll keep trying.


The cute little giraffe paper cut was made in about two minutes with my Quickkutz silhouette- I know some of you true artists, scherenchnitte style, cringe at the thought- but I'm human and can only do so much! I placed the giraffe over a little piece of paper that I had sponge painted gold. Pretty easy stuff.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Rissa said...

I love it. especially the giraff

Anonymous said...

Love your projects. What a bummer that the moss ball didn't fit-don't you just hate that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...