Friday, February 4, 2011

Small Framed Silk Ribbon Embroidery


I haven't done much silk ribbon embroidery in a long time.  I've been feeling the urge to pull out all the stuff and enjoy it again.  I decided to do a little Valentine floral and was trying to decide how to finish it off when I found these little frames in the dollar section at Michaels.


I spray painted it the color I wanted and here it is!


I tried out a hot pink Frixion gel pen (made by pilot) (via Bari J.)  to draw a pattern directly onto the fabric.  Jet pens.com has a better selection and better prices- you can use friction or an iron to make the marks vanish.  When I was done stitching I just ironed my fabric and the bright pink ink magically disappears- very nice for all sorts of fabric crafts.
signature

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...