Here is how I lengthened it.
- Take the original skirt and cut off the bottom four inches- now you will have a circle of fabric and a skirt with no finished hem.
- Take the matching pieces of fabric and cut five inch wide strips, I wish my photography lighting skills were better because the fabric coordinates perfectly with the skirt and the sweater
- Sew these into a circle matching the circumference of the skirt bottom.
- Match up the side seams and sew this new fabric to the bottom of the skirt.
- Take the original skirt bottom and sew it to the bottom of the fabric you have just added to the skirt