Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bummed

I was so proud of myself. I signed up for a woodworking class offered by the local college! I am terrified of power tools, but I talked myself into facing my fears. We were invited to bring a project to work on- I selected this cool bed (realizing that the teacher would probably have to help me simplify it, it's by Broyhill by the way).

So, I got my pictures of the bed ready, printed a map of how to find the shop, and then got a phone call that the class had been cancelled. I just about cried... oh, well maybe its for the best. They might have changed my name to "the one armed wonder" after I had a go at the saws (o:

Pin It!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That's such a cute bed. I LOVE it. Bummer, I was looking forward to watching you play the piano captain-hook style. Love ya, maybe this is a blessing to keep you and your pieces in tact.

Letia said...

Oh I would be SO disappointed too. My SIL has taken a wood-working class for about 6 years straight, she just kept taking the same class over and over again to access the huge shop and all the tools, she has built so many neat pieces in her home and eventually redid her entire kitchen cabinets. I am too chicken to figure things out on my own, but I would have loved a class!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...