Monday, March 22, 2010

Soothing Warm Beverage

picture from the web

We still are not well at our house!!  Can you believe this?!-  The stomach flu is long gone.  However, it has been replaced by a bronchitis type cold- I'm naturally a homebody but this is getting ridiculous.

I tried making a warm drink to soothe the pain in my chest and it really helped.  The recipe is from a Southern Living Cookbook.  I altered it a bit.  This beverage is yummy and the honey, lemon and vitamin C encourage healing.

Ingredients


1 12 oz. frozen apple juice concentrate
3 juice cans of water
1/3 can of frozen orange juice concentrate
1 juice can of water
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
9 whole cloves
1 (2 1/2-inch) cinnamon stick

I mixed all of these and put them into the crock pot.  I let them warm up for about an hour and then began sipping it (obviously- don't drink the sticks).  I just left it on warm in the crock pot all day.  Dipping up a cupful and sipping as desired.  It was delicious.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Letia said...

It sounds like you have what Ava and I have had. It started with the stomach flu and worked it's way through our entire body. We got it all, pink eye, and horrible sore throats and coughs. It just would NOT go away. The doctor said it had a name, but I can't remember it. Finally, after a full month of being sick we finally went on antibiotics. I'm almost done with those and finally feeling better. Hope yours goes away soon!!

Rissa said...

I bet it smelled great too. I hope you get better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...