Friday, September 18, 2009

Dollar Store Halloween Craft

My daughter found these really neat candle holders with jars underneath to hold all kinds of fun things at Ross. I liked them so much that I went to the dollar store and came up with a less expensive version. Dollar Tree has tons of glass vases right now- so mix and match. I have several versions to show you- today is the spooky version. Buy two vases that fit together, skeleton heads, spider webs and candle.


Fill larger vase with skeletons, spread spider web over top,


slip smaller vase inside the larger one and pull web so that it drapes down the side. Add spider and candle and you are ready to go. If you can't find a purple or black candle you can paint your own. You can bring this up a notch by adding white glue and clear or black glitter to the skeleton heads, let them dry and then place them in the jar.... go crazy!

I guess this week will be the week of candle holders- I'm leaving town again next week so I'll set up a few posts to hit the screen while I'm gone. Hope they are a little inspiring.

Pin It!

6 comments:

Rissa said...

Wow mom that is spooky, especially coming from you. Great job thugh. I decided that when I have my own place I am coming to your blog to review all of your cool craft ideas.

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

This is such a fabulous idea. I am definitely linking to this from Dollar Store Crafts!!!! <-- yes, four exclamation points. I like all your versions, too!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Planning to post about your great idea on 10/12 on dollarstorecrafts.com.

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Sorry, rescheduled to 10/15

goldfine said...

This is such a great craft! I'm not exactly sure how you fit the two vases together...is one upside-down? It's a little hard to tell from the pictures.

J. Paige said...

The vases just slide into each other- the small one "sits" on the vase fillers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...