Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Best Ever Gingersnaps


picture from the web/no reference found

Today is cold and rainy in my neck of the woods- so rainy that I spent two hours sitting in the school parking lot this morning.  I was ever so nonchalantly waiting for the raging rivers roads to clear so that I could drive and not float home-

Now that I'm here I'm seriously thinking about making these very yummy soft, chewy gingersnaps--so, very, very good.  Even better after they been out of the oven for a few hours and the flavors have blended.  This is my mom's recipe that my sisters may have tweaked a bit.  Good stuff!

Chewy Gingersnaps

3/4 c. margarine
1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1/4 c. black strap molasses
1 1/4 c. white flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. ground cloves
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger

Cream margarine and sugar. Add egg and molasses and mix well. mix in dry ingredients. Cover dough and chill for one hour. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Bake between 350-375 for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake. These should be soft, chewy and very yummy!

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...