Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Ordinary Day

I just finished reading "Mrs. Miniver". The book is written as England is entering World War II. The Englishmen are evacuating children to the country, standing in line to pick up their gas masks, and attending first aid classes. Mrs Miniver said one of the lessons to be learned "was an appreciation of the value of dullness."

I've been thinking about that.

So, today I am thankful for routine humdrum days. An ordinary day like yesterday. A day when I watched the old film "The Duchess of Idaho" with the kids. When I mowed the lawn and helped chase a rabbit out of the garden. When I scrubbed the bathroom clean. A day when the greatest drama was an overcooked apple crisp. Sigh. Life is good.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm grateful for ho hum days, and treasures from loved ones. I'm grateful E and S are kind and give you love notes.

Rissa said...

Thanks mom. I needed that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...