Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yummy Apple Pie


Our kind friends invited us to pick some apples. I just couldn't let them go to waste. Sweet hubby did the picking and I did the baking. This isn't the prettiest (but it is probably the yummiest) pie I've ever made. So easy and delicious! The crust was super flaky.

Yesterday, I also finished reading Thrush Green by Miss Read. Isn't that the coolest pen name?! It was written in the 1930's I think. Anyways, I'd heard many a rave review and so I read it. It's a gentle story from a simpler time. It wasn't a "can't put down" read by any means. But it was a nice story.

You really should try this pie- little hint: you make a caramel sauce that you pour over the apples and yet it doesn't taste all caramelly- just so GOOD.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Rissa said...

that looks delishious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...