Monday, July 27, 2009

Wooden Box Make Over


A few weeks ago I found this little wooden box at the Salvation Army for $1. As I looked around for other treasures I was so excited to see that they had finally lowered their prices on furniture. They are normally so high! Then I ran in this week to see if they had anything new and they had raised their prices up again- ugh!

I mean if you can buy the cheap particle board furniture, new, cheaper at WalMart than your prices for cheap particle board furniture are too high! Not that I am shopping for cheap particle board... but still.


Well, a little crafting always makes me feel better. I did a little spray paint magic on the box (Ivory, Rustoleum). I glued on a $2 Michaels embellishment from the wood craft section. Sanded it and here it is (much better, no?). Now I need to find it a permanent resting spot.


This post has been recently added to Metamophisis Monday- they have tons of cool makeovers!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Rissa said...

Another craft makeover. I like those posts allot. Great job.

Michelle said...

What a pretty box. I would have never thought of doing that. It turned out great!

Nicole A. said...

Ohhhh I love it!!! It looks amazing!! Great Job!!!

Amy Kinser said...

Would have never known it was the same box. What a great idea with the piece from Michaels.

Amy

nannykim said...

Really cute; love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...